Just because I’ve permanently hung up my blazer and vowed not to re-enter corporate America, doesn’t mean I don’t still LOVE to write and edit. I have over 20 years of experience in this area. And since I’m semi-retired, I can now offer my services at discounted rates.
So, let’s talk about freelance travel writing.
- Writing your first article or two can be daunting. Daunting because you don’t really know if you’re doing a good job.
- Submitting your first query can be intimidating enough to scare you out of ever getting a byline.
- While travel writing typically doesn’t pay astronomically well (in the beginning), it is worthwhile to have your work professional reviewed.
- I am not saying that this is something you will need to do for every article. But the service will help you become a better writer, and ensure that your first few articles are the best they can be.
- Having your work professionally reviewed will build your confidence level and help you overcome the fear of reaching out to that editor!
Short Travel Article Review and Edit
This service is STRICTLY for travel related articles (or queries) up to 500 words. Will perform a basic edit and provide you with a commentary from a reader’s perspective.
Essay and Long Article Review / Edit
This service is for articles and essays between 501 – 1500 words. Will perform a basic edit and provide you with a commentary from a reader’s perspective. This service is not restricted to travel related content.
Writing a BOOK?
Some people spend their entire adult lives hoping for a book deal where the publisher is willing to provide a substantial pay advance. Today, it is fairly easy to find a publisher. Finding a publisher willing to give you $25k upfront…not so much. What’s even more accessible is the option to self-publish.
In either case, the costs involved with getting a book published can be pretty extensive for the average person. So, here is what I am offering to my readers and friends:
- Basic edit of a full manuscript (up to 50,000 words). This is equal to approximately 50 pages in MS Word with default formatting (single-spaced, default font).
- General timeline is estimated at 1-hour per page (according to the above format), 2-3 hours per day.
- Expedited service can be requested depending on availability. I am limited to working two concurrent projects at a time. There are only so many hours in a day.
*This edit will NOT include rewrites or any major changes to content.
Basic Edit of a Full Manuscript
Basic edit of a full manuscript (up to 50,000 words). Service level agreement: 1-hour per page. 2-3 hours per day. *Expedited service can be requested for a fee and is based on availability.
Basic Edit of a Full Manuscript – Expedited Service
Basic Edit on Full Manuscript (up to 50,000 words). Service level agreement: 1-hour per page. 5 hours per day.
Phone consultations can be scheduled to help you with a variety of things.
- Coaching to reach freelance writing milestones
- Verbally discussing articles prior to submission
- Strategy discussions
- Answers to ‘how-to’ questions related to freelance writing and or technical writing contracts
- Inside information related to starting an e-commerce business (specifically, importing products and online sales) to supplement your writing career.
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a call time.
*Payment must be remitted prior to booking.
Phone Consultation – Quick
Phone Consultation – Full
Please feel free to reach out to me via email at email@example.com to inquire about any of these services.